Professor David Colin-Thomé
Department of Health
Appointed as National Director for Primary Care and medical adviser to commissioning and system management directorate, DH 2007. Retired December 2010.
- Previously National Clinical Director for Primary Care, DH 2001-2007
- Former Co-Chair and lead on Primary and Community Care Strategy (PCCS) for the DH of the NHS Next Stage (Darzi) Review until publication July 2008
- Subsequently Chair of PCCS Clinical Advisory Group and Co-Chair of Transforming Community Health Services Board
- Chair Long Term Conditions delivery board, Co-Chair Urgent and Emergency Care Board, Chair Summary Care Record and GP extraction IT service advisory groups and clinical adviser for DH/NHSD for ‘fluline’
- Clinical Lead for delivery of 18w programme