Professor David Colin-Thomé
Health and Wellbeing Boards - can this be the new public health? - uploaded on Downloads page... The Intelligent Commissioner - uploaded on Downloads page... Cancer Review - uploaded on Downloads page... A New Commissioning - uploaded onto Downloads page...
The Primary Care Home - uploaded onto Downloads page...
Many publications, in both article and chapter form, on aspects of activity at the Castlefields Health Centre, in particular on clinical resource management and specifically on clinical inappropriateness. Chapters on Fundholding, Asthma in General Practice, Resource Management in General Practice, Total Purchasing, systematic management of long-term conditions employing managed care techniques in general practice, Primary care and public health.
Forewords for several DH and other publications.
Department of Health
- Primary Care Progress Report; 2004
- Keeping it Personal-Clinical case for change: 2007
- Improving GP access for all; 2008
- Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust: A review of lessons learnt for commissioners and performance managers following the Healthcare Commission investigation; 2009
- General Practice Out-of-Hours Services-Project to consider and assess current arrangements with Professor Steve Field 2010
Non Department of Health
- The Third Way (or how to love Primary Care Groups). Occasional paper HSMU Manchester University, 1998
- Primary Care Perspectives. Perspectives in Public Health, Griffiths. S & Hunter, D (eds). Radcliffe Medical Press, 1999
- The New Primary Care and the role of PCG’s and PCT’s. Occasional paper HSMU Manchester University, 1999
- A Vision for Primary Care. Visions for Primary Care. New Health Network Kings Fund, 1999
- “PCG’s and Day Surgery” for the British Journal of Day Surgery, 1999
- “Developing Primary Care Premises”. British Journal of General Practice, 2000
- Personal Medical Services (Background, opportunities and future direction), Occasional paper MCHM (formerly HSMU), Manchester University, 2000
- “Primary Care is Managed Care” in ‘ Managed Care’. Editor D. Cochrane. Oxford University Press, 2001
- Contributor to a book ‘Managing Health an international perspective’. Editors professor Nancy Kane and Nancy Turnbull, 2003
- Joint contributor with Ian Philp and Sue Roberts to a chapter on UK experience in ‘Meeting the challenge of chronic illness’. Editor Professor Robert Kane et al, 2005
- Co-contributor in ‘Doctors managing in primary care’, 2009
- Self management and government policy. Working with Self-management courses. OUP. Editor F. Roy Jones, 2010